Uploads folder permissions
Sometimes errors can occur when the wp-content/uploads folder file permissions are not set correctly.
WP Migrate DB Pro need to be able to write to this folder in two instances:
- When the ‘Export File‘ option is used as the output for the migration
- When the ‘Backup the local database before replacing it‘ option is selected
The WordPress Codex has a detailed document that outlines methods for updating permissions. Essentially, WordPress needs to be able to write to the wp-content/uploads folder.
On Unix/Linux this is a permissions octal of 0755.
To update the folder permissions in a Unix/Linux/OS X environment with the CLI
- SSH into your remote server
- Open your CLI of choice and
cdinto the <webroot>/wp-content folder
- From this location run the chmod() command:
chmod -R 755 ./uploads